Monday, March 19, 2018

Thing 8 Infographics

The most regular reports I produce, use and contribute to are our monthly directors reports, monthly transaction statistics and annual reports and business plans.
However since I was working on this at home, I had no access to the data for the above.
I found the transaction statistics for July 2017 in an old e-mail, and I decided to try to present them in an infographic. The infographic is designed for the public or for local councillors to give them a snapshot idea of what business Gorey Library does in a typical month.
The impact it is hoped to have on the reader is to impress on the reader the variety and scale of activity.

Of the two infographic websites mentioned, I chose to look at Canva because it gave the option of free pdfs, which can be useful.

I experimented with Canva and put together an informative flyer on July 2017 in Gorey Library.
I found Canva manageable to work with, but for the first time use, I found it a little frustrating. It appeared as if my cursor wasn't working when I was trying to select and resize or move the elements. It worked some times and not others, and I haven't figured out yet, why that was. I think I copied things unknowingly, and had my own text and images on top of the template text and images so it took a while to tidy them all up. Also the number of free images is small relative to the number of paid images, so it might get limited if you were trying to use it regularly, trying to keep it fresh, while also keeping it free. Time would tell. I imagine I'd figure it out better with more regular use. If this infographic I produced got some good reaction, I might try to make it a monthly infographic.
The link is here:
https://www.canva.com/design/DACyeHgpcjc/view


No comments:

Post a Comment