Sunday, March 25, 2018

Thing 10: Networking Tools: Facebook & Twitter

Well, it was nice for change for a 'Thing' not to be a massive struggle. Phew!
I have already been a Facebook user since 2009. https://www.facebook.com/dearbhla.nilaighin
I joined Twitter in March 2014. https://twitter.com/DearbhlaAine
Since joining Twitter, I had almost stopped using Facebook. Certainly I use Facebook a lot less than Twitter now. For me my Facebook page was always more for personal use, and Twitter more for professional use. However I see after this 'thing', that I could also use my own Facebook page more for professional use too. All Co. Wexford public libraries have their own facebook page, and I've been managing a library facebook page since 2011.
On both Facebook and Twitter I have joined / followed a number of library-related people and groups over the years and added a few more tonight.
I hadn't joined a list on Twitter before now, and I have now joined the Libfocus Librarians in Ireland list. I haven't joined a Twitter chat yet, but I see the next #uklibfocus Tiwtter chat is on 9 April and I plan to participate. I sent a tweet using the hashtag #rudai23 proclaiming to the wide world that I have received my Visual Communicator badge (cue drum roll).

Bhuel sin a bhfuil. Oíche mhaith.



No comments:

Post a Comment