Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Thing 16: My Digital Footprint

Task: to run a diagnostic of how I protect myself against violations of your privacy on the internet. How do these compare with the precautions that I take? 
  • I avoid or minimise the personal information I give to websites I am unfamiliar with.
  • I do not respond to phishing emails. I only ever call my bank on a number I trust or login into my account on a trusted computer on a secure internet connection.
  • I don’t download illegal software.
  • I will be more wary of connecting to the internet via WiFi, that it is a legitimate hot-spot and is encrypted.
  • I will minimise the number of apps I download to those I really need & I will read the T&C’s of the apps I download so that I can give “informed consent”
  • I'm always aware online of what I post, from a defamatory perspective and regarding giving out too much information about me or my family.
  • I will educate myself about the basics of the internet and how it works to become more aware of the risks and how to mitigate them.
  • I have changed and improved my password and have set up my email account to require regular password changes.
  • I'm always conscious of the pictures or content I post and try to be prudent and careful about your digital footprint.
  • I have changed my default browser to duckduckgo
ENDS




No comments:

Post a Comment